CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I am a Machine that is run by the Media

What is mass media? Is it those advertisements you see in the bus shelter on your way to school? Maybe the music you hear on the radio? Really I think mass media could be anything. What is disturbing about that is that if media is anything, then it has become basically become intertwined with our society. So how can we escape from a world of media?

You could say that just because you don't have a television, a computer, or an iPod that you are not conforming to this so called world of media, but really who are you kidding. I mean when you walk outside, what is the first thing you see? A bus shelter with a advertisement on it. So you sit there waiting for your bus and when it comes another advertisement is laid out on the side of it. Of course you sit on the bus and you wait for your stop to be called on the PA system, so you know when to get off the bus. Really I could go on, but the point is that no matter how hard you try, you will always be surrounded by media. No matter where you go, or how hard you try you can never get away from it. You have a clock don't you? Well there you go from the second you wake up, it has got you.

So instead of trying to get away from it, just open your eyes and embrace it. I myself have accepted the fact that it will never go away, but I also know I should not let it control every aspect of me either. My eyes are now open to mass media.

0 comments: